Can anyone identify this fella for me?
The spider databases at Museum Victoria and CSIRO are being less helpful than usual with this one. We're stumped, and would appreciate any thoughts...
The spider is:
- about 2 - 2.5cm in diameter
- is living on a web ([presumbly that it built)
- is not sharing the web with any spider friends as far as we can tell
- appears to be smooth-bodied, not hairy-bodied
- is catching a megatonne of mosquitos in its perch near my front door
UPDATED: It appears to be a female juvenile golden orb spider.
The Orthodox Church of Heinlein
9 minutes ago