This is my first week, but I thought I'd play along with Shae's Things I Know meme today.
Here's what I know this week -
- Reading is good for the soul. Shared reading, even more so. Reading that's accompanied with hot tea, warm quilts, laughing toddlers, intent older kids, and classic stories, the most of all.
- It is a very good thing for a school to have chickens, and said chickens are undoubtedly the most pampered and indulged avians imaginable.
- It is actually easier to manage household laundry for a family of five without a clothes drier, because the process is more consistent and staggered, so less enormous piles of dry washing awaiting sorting result. (This might not be one of the things I know when full winter hits, mind you!)
- Jealousy is a corrosive and entirely negative emotion. As it says in Song of Solomon, Jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire...
- It is a mixed blessing when a toddler skips a nap.
And finally ...
- It is a very awesome feeling when your almost 8 year old decides to like sushi!
Shae has lots of links of what other people know this week over here.
It was a wild, wild wood…
8 hours ago